Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Want vs. Need

There are things I want from life.

In no particular order...


  • I want to publish a photograph. In a magazine, a book, somewhere.
  • I want to get my doctorate in psychology.
  • I want to own a motorcycle, if only for a few years.
  • I want to have kids, and raise them as well as my parents have raised my sisters and me.
  • I want to study abroad in Sydney.
  • I want to completely and truly understand the inner workings of American football.
  • I want to live somewhere away for a few years with nothing but my faith.
  • I want to stop being a people pleaser. It sucks.
  • I want to have as many experiences as I can, with as many people as I can.

and, since no one will read probably read this and call me out on it when I don't...

  • I'm going to attempt blog more. It keeps me off Facebook.

I want so badly to accomplish something that means something to someone. I want to prove to myself and others that I have drive and focus. I want to set goals and surpass them. More than anything though, I need contentment. I'm always beating myself down and worrying about what others think or about missing out on things. It's exhausting, having to be on the move all the time- this summer was a perfect example. Since June 28th, I've been to Tybee Island, Handycamp, the Indiana Dunes/Chicago, the Virgin Islands (and inadvertently Puerto Rico), stayed alone with the girls for up to a week at a time, and tomorrow I leave for Atlanta. I've got this desire to do it all, and I need to stop. It's hard physically and emotionally. (The busyness was not without it's benefits- I got to see "My Little Pony: Biggest Tea Party in the World -LIVE!") I forget to Whom I'm accountable. The only One. This semester, this year, and beyond it, I'm going to work on contentment.

What a goal.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

haha no one would read this huh? think again lol. corey made me make a blog bc she had one. and just so you know i cant wait for australia!! im going to talk to an advisor when i get back to school yay :)