Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Birthdays

Birthdays are interesting things.

I don't know what it was like in everybody else's families, but on each of the Lachiver's special day's, there was a favorite dinner and desert made, a great hulabaloo made of the gifts and reminiscing about the years the Lachiver has survived in our oh so loving family.

I feel sad that it's no longer my birthday. It's fun to be able to say the words, "Yeah... it's my birthday." You say it nonchalantly, but deep down you know that despite the fact that everyone has a birthday, your day is somehow more special than others, and that you should get more privileges than anyone else, because hey, it's your birthday, and you're kinda a big deal.

The birthday was fantastic as far as gifts go. Probably the best I've ever had, actually. My family, Eric, and my wonderful friends know me well and I couldn't be happier with any gift. (Unless maybe there was a hundred dollar bill pinned to each one. But realistically...)

I'm 19. I am an adult. I don't know how this is different than the other recent birthdays, but typing those numbers sent a chill down my spine. 364 days till I'm gone from the teen years forever. The countdown begins.

Whoa.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

yay for birthdays!! im glad it was super and i cant wait for you to come visit :) and yea the 20 thing creeps me out a little too....ive got about 4 months of so left as a teen...yikes

Kelly said...

Melissa,

I think it's time for you to update this!

Kelly