Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Zoo

Today Caroline and I (with special guest
Carin) went to the zoo to take a gander at the
new elephant exibit they had going on there. Highly exciting, becuase Carin hasn't been to the zoo since she was practically a fetus, and Caroline learned (after an eyebrow scrunch and a good hard look at me, the animal, me, the animal) that I could be trusted and the aardvark is truly an animal that exists on our planet.

Caroline really showed off many different facets of her personailty today. The first was her compassionate side. She thanked the tiger on the carousel and promised to see him again soon. She also soothingly whispered things for 10 minutesto the bear that adorned the wall of the zoo's financial benefactors .

However, by the end of a hard afternoon of riding on my shoulders, she got a little crabby, and her true nature was unleashed. Not unlike the tigers we saw, she massacred all of her hot dog (and most of mine) with more vigor than I'd ever seen out of her. This is the face of a savage.
When she demanded animal crackers and all I had were Jungle crackers on me, I thought we might have a revolt on our hands.

Luckily she didn't taste the difference.

I think my blog might explode if I put more pictures on, so I guess the rest will be on my xanga or flickr. Well, I'll go get a flickr. Then they'll be on there.

I'm very excited about the upcoming weeks. I'll I've got left to do for the rest of the school year is AP Psych test... and then I'm done. Better yet, Micah's done too. Hurrah for slacking off. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Micah said...

Wow, looks like Caroline went out a killed a wild hot dog, with all that blood on her face.

Duplicate posting merits duplicate comments. The post just looks better on blogger anyway.